Bribie Island, located just off the coast of Queensland, Australia, is a popular destination for families with kids. With its beautiful beaches, nature reserves, and various family-friendly activities, there’s no shortage of things to do on this island paradise. Here are the top 10 things to do with kids on Bribie Island:
- Visit Bribie Island Seaside Museum: A great way to learn about the island’s history and culture. The museum showcases various artifacts, photos, and interactive exhibits. It’s a fun and educational experience for the whole family.
- Swim and play at Woorim Beach: Woorim Beach is a popular spot for families with kids. The beach has shallow waters, perfect for swimming, and plenty of sand for building sandcastles. There are also playgrounds and picnic areas for a day of fun in the sun.
- Go fishing: Bribie Island is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, and it’s a great way to spend quality time with the kids. You can fish from the beach or take a boat out to deeper waters. Some popular spots for fishing include Bongaree Jetty and the Pumicestone Passage.
- Explore the Bribie Island National Park: The national park is a great place to explore with the family. There are various walking trails, including the Bicentennial Trail, which offers stunning views of the island and the coastline.
- Take a 4WD tour: If you’re looking for an adventure, a 4WD tour is a must-do activity. The tour will take you through the sand dunes and along the beach, providing a unique perspective of the island’s natural beauty.
- Visit the Bribie Island Butterfly House: The Butterfly House is a magical experience for kids of all ages. The enclosure is home to a variety of butterflies, and you can even feed them. The house also has a cafe.
- Go birdwatching: The island is home to over 300 species of birds, making it a popular spot for birdwatching. The Pumicestone Passage is a great place to see shorebirds, while the national park is home to a variety of bush birds.
- Take a kayak tour: Kayaking is a great way to explore the island’s waterways. You can take a guided tour or rent kayaks and explore on your own. It’s a fun and unique way to see the island.
- Have a picnic: Bribie Island has plenty of beautiful picnic spots, including the foreshore parks and the Bribie Island National Park. Pack a picnic and spend the day relaxing and enjoying the island’s natural beauty.
- Visit the Bongaree Jetty: Bongaree Jetty is a historic jetty that has been used for fishing and leisure activities for over a century. It’s a great spot to take a stroll and watch the sunset over the Pumicestone Passage.
Bribie Island is a fantastic destination for families with kids. With its beautiful beaches, nature reserves, and various family-friendly activities, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Bribie Island has it all.